SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWSLETTER

HERO IMAGE

HERO IMAGE
Latest Stories

16th of November

Today is the second 16th of November I spent in this country. Last year, on its' independence day, we went out to see the parade and celebrated the day like the locals with a bunch of friends. This year I spent the day at home, away from the festivities and the noises of shooting fireworks. It's been more than a year that I've been living in this country. I've grown a lot during my time here, both professionally and personally. There are so many things that I learned and experienced, and I know that there are still so much more this place can show me. It's not always been easy to be somewhere, in a foreign land, where you don't know anyone. Trying to navigate your way, making friends, and at the same time trying to find the cure of your lost. 

I remember the first time we moved to this country. We were so full of excitement and filled with anticipation. We were curious to find hidden corners of the main streets and eager to see what's ahead of us. We were welcoming life at the best we could. We were embracing all the good and the bad experience. We cried, we laughed, we struggled, we won, we bled, we fell in this country in the best and in the worst way. As we were sitting on the balcony watching the neighborhood windows decorated with the flags, the kids playing basketball on the other side of the street, and somewhere out there the airplane parade was making a show, I realized that I've grown a love for this place. That this place, too, is somewhere that we've built a home. 

No comments

Post a Comment

you can love or hate. but with respect.

© Of Ashes & Bones • Theme by Maira G.