SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWSLETTER

HERO IMAGE

HERO IMAGE
Latest Stories

Nostalgia

I've been eating Milo chocolate cereal for dinner for 3 nights in a row. Almost finishing the whole box that now not even half full. A combination of laziness and a familiar feeling. Too lazy to get out of the house or simply bring something home after work. A familiar feeling of my childhood. Of many Saturday nights that I spent eating Milo chocolate cereal while watching a football match on tv in the middle of the night, in the comfort of my parents home. The next day, I would wake up to the sound of my dads' footsteps coming down the stair in the morning. I would pretend not to hear a sound, and hold my blanket tight. My dad, then, would try to wake me up and start blasting the music from his stereo. Then I would smell the coffee my mom made, and the noises coming from my siblings. 

In the past 3 days, after eating cereal for dinner around the same time on those Saturday nights that feels like years ago, I always wake up to the sound of my alarm. Smell the scent of a cup of morning coffee that I make myself before get ready to work. Outside I can hear the vehicles passing by, and the neighbourhood commute routine. And most of the day in a week, I will hear my next door neighbor debating with her kid in the morning rush about which shoes she has to wear to school.

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Shoko
      I really enjoy your writings!

      Delete
  2. the thing i love about food is the memories and stories that come with it. <3

    ReplyDelete

you can love or hate. but with respect.

© Of Ashes & Bones • Theme by Maira G.