SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWSLETTER

HERO IMAGE

HERO IMAGE
Latest Stories

Slow life

I haven't been in Bali for a few months now and I am missing it. I didn't realize it before that I am terribly missing it right now. It's not just the familiarity of my home there, but I miss the things that I can do all by myself there. Like wandering through every book stores, walking on the busy streets of Kuta and Seminyak or wandering off in the morning of Ubud pedestrian when the place is just almost awake. I feel like that there's just a place where you can feel really comfortable to walk around and do stuffs alone by yourself, and there's just a place that doesn't feel quiet right to do things all alone by yourself. It's not that I don't enjoy the time and the city that I am staying in at the moment. Life is slow in for the past few weeks and I love it. I am taking some time off and it's kind of a bit weird at first not having meetings, calls, or emails to answer to for a while. And as slow as life feels at the moment, March has already come. I need to prepare to get back to work, but I'll give my self a little more time on this off work mode.

14 comments:

  1. Lovely pic and I totally would like to see Bali! :) Kind regards

    ReplyDelete
  2. enjoy the quiet time. sounds lovely to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your quiet time, Niken. You clearly deserve it! I can imagine how much you must miss Bali! Have a good rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What city are you in right now? I've never been to Bali, so I can only imagine. Haha

    Love, Dara
    Hola Darla

    ReplyDelete
  5. Time off is wonderful, I just wish I had something to time off from.

    / Avy
    http://MyMotherFuckedMickJagger.blogspot.com




    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. are you always so negative on everyone's blog
      + this idiot url to add ... the name is clickable you know.

      Delete
  6. While browsing bookstores, taking in the sights, admiring the simple things that come your way, and slurping some delicious coffee, know that I am right beside you all the way!!
    Love this beautiful, beautiful collection of words.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. i miss being in familiar places as well. sometimes the reason why i hated moving. but the possibilities of new adventures also excited me. but i do dislike the feeling of not being mobile in unfamiliar grounds. enjoy your peaceful slow moments!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like Bali has your heart :-) I hope you are able to return soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you can enjoy time in this new city Niken. Soon you will be back to the comforts of home. Might I add that the picture in this post is lovely :).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Funny how a slower pace can sometimes get old.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous photo. I sure hope you are able to go back to Bali soon. Meanwhile, try to observe all the wonderful things about your new home. X Jane

    ReplyDelete

you can love or hate. but with respect.

© Of Ashes & Bones • Theme by Maira G.