SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWSLETTER

HERO IMAGE

HERO IMAGE
Latest Stories

Work in Progress : Anak Merapi

Last Saturday, I finally completed the english subtitle for a PSA documentary film. I didn't involved in the shooting process because I was working on something else at the time they shot. Anak Merapi (Children of Merapi) narrated around the life in the permanent housing in Yogyakarta (Java) that's built for the Merapi volcano eruption victims in 2010. In this documentary the children tell us about their hopes and dreams after the disaster destroyed their houses and swept off their traces. The eruption in 2010 took 400 souls, obliterated 3.689 houses and parted hundreds of families. A lot of children are still traumatized by this catastrophe. Right now, we're in the last stage of editing this documentary and cannot wait to share the trailer hopefully soon enough.

8 comments:

  1. Wow! Awesome. Will you share it here? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Debie, if u would be able to put it somewhere so we can see it would be great. I m curious (-: Good luck with finishing it. U are a lucky person to be engaged in making something creative and inspirational, something that could possibly make some changes in other people lives. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, I would love to see it! Sounds like an interesting documentary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes will you share it here? I want to see it! Sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! That sounds like an incredible documentary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Surely this is a site well worth seeing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so impressed by the work that you do. I look forward to you sharing the trailer to this documentary.

    ReplyDelete

you can love or hate. but with respect.

© Of Ashes & Bones • Theme by Maira G.