SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWSLETTER

HERO IMAGE

HERO IMAGE
Latest Stories

Half Awake


Tired tones leading the way. No unknown foliage falls away
Claws create, fear dominates. Near the end nature strives to change
Do you care I'm longing for home, 
as I face the future all alone?
(Navicula - Harimau Harimau)

We hid a secret or two in this place. Inside the voice of our breathing fighting the cold at night. Blown within the scent of two coffee cups in the morning smoke. I whispered slowly that we should build a house here with big windows and wooden panes. And at night, we'll let the bog wood fire splatter while the house is humming in a low breath. Such a tempting promise to be made. 

14 comments:

  1. Incredible pictures and incredible writing. I love the poetic prose here...very deep. This place looks like paradise on earth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep this promise then I will visit you one day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tempting indeed :)
    love your writing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much! :) It was an exhausting hike, but definitely worth all the effort!
    (...) I must admit that your writing is beautiful. I'm absolutely in love with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful words and amazing photos! I like the vagueness of what you wrote here. We can't totally tell if the speaker is you or not. And we don't know who you are talking to (if it is you), so it makes me draw pictures in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, the pictures and the writing!
    Have a fantastic weekend, Niken!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful photos. So quiet, the atmosphere. Loved these!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very tempting. How beautiful dream that must be met.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Smokey coffee! Oh, yes, build yourself a home on that lovely land, near the Lily pads and bog wood and the mountains I see over yonder.
    What a pretty piece of prose you've given us this day, Niken.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful post.

    I love your blog! x

    Naturally Jes

    ReplyDelete

you can love or hate. but with respect.

© Of Ashes & Bones • Theme by Maira G.