SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWSLETTER

HERO IMAGE

HERO IMAGE
Latest Stories

On finding hope and letting go

I think the biggest lesson 2013 wanted to teach me is how to let go. From the plans that didn't go as planned, a surprised turning point, and was closed with the drawn of the new cameras a day before new years eve of 2014 (after my cameras just stolen a few months before). And yes, the fact that the lost cost me an amount of money that I put hard effort to save - I'm sad and half mad. Lessons learnt. But the lesson of letting go come with that-there-is-always-hope lesson too.

Just when I had the lowest point of my life and thought, 'Okay, maybe it's time I give up' on the most unexpected time and way, there's always something came up and reminded me not to give up. Like a phone call from a certain person, emails from friends, smiles from strangers.

And just when I pitied my self over 2 glasses of coffee in 10 minutes span on a certain 3.02 am morning, Byron emailed me right at 4.03 am my time. That means 6.03 am his time. Considering he's been in a movie production (the one with Orlando Bloom shooting arrows from a bow killing orcs, ahem), that must be the first thing he did when he opened his computer. Those little things remind me that hope is always there. 

And sometimes, you're so focus on something and everything else, and don't realise that someone else is watching you from behind. There's always someone who gets your back. 

22 comments:

  1. It's a nice thing to know that there's someone or something you can turn to, such assurance given by someone who believes in you is incomparable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that things turned out okay for you in the end. As the idiom goes, the darkest hour is just before dawn :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear things for you haven't been going well :( Glad things are looking up for you :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the idea of letting go, Niken. It's true that it is much easier to let go if we have hope. I wish that 2014 will turn out to be a great year for you... for all of us. ♡ :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is huge comfort in knowing that, that there is that small sparkle waiting for us when feeling there is not much left. I couldn't not to laugh about ur two cups of coffee since it s pretty much my thing too:) And chocolate, whenever I m stressed out;) Love, Alma

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the message in this post. It seems 2013 hasn't been your best year either, I love the hope you show in this little tiny piece of text. I hope 2014 will bring loads of good stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Life is full of surprises, never give up! All you should ever let go of is fears & negative energy, while holding on to love and all the little things that make you smile with dear life.

    I'm sure 2014 will be better (for the both of us, i hope) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. btw, am I an idiot or did you change your blog design? If so: I love it!

      Delete
    2. i only changed the sidebar a bit :) glad that you like it too.

      Delete
  8. i am still learning to let go! it's hard but i'm getting slightly better at it. and so true.. those good friends in our lives.. they always have our backs. it's a great feeling to have and lets us refocus on the positives!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so awesome Niken. Your feelings really show in your blog posts. Keep your head up my friend! Brighter days are coming!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's nice to have someone who supports you!
    It's a shame about the camera's! Have you heard of cameratracker? You can use the serial number to track it, if someone is using it to post pictures with you can track it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad you have someone who's got your back. That's always a good feeling! So sorry about your cameras, though. Totally sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. letting go is always a challenge..and an important one.
    reminds me when my laptop was stolen...grrrr...all those years of photos-gone!

    take care, and indeed what a great gift that we have people who support us and care for us in those situatons.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's not easy to let go...I'm constantly struggling with that too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so sorry for the lose of your camera…I can so relate… but I am also impressed by your positive ….let-go…attitude keep looking for those positive moments….things will turn around

    ReplyDelete
  15. very, very true
    such a lovely post x

    ReplyDelete
  16. it's hard to believe that everything happens for a reason when we have no idea what that reason is.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are so right, Niken. That's what I needed. Thanks, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think those people reaching out to us, just when we are about to give up are there to push us through those difficult times. I'm happy and amazed it happen to you. Keep pulling through!!

    ReplyDelete

you can love or hate. but with respect.

© Of Ashes & Bones • Theme by Maira G.