SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWSLETTER

HERO IMAGE

HERO IMAGE
Latest Stories

That one time when I was almost inhale my last breath

I think I've mentioned that most of my closest friends are boys. And there are some occasions and events that made me have unforgettable memories with them and or with each one of them. From all the stupid things that we've done that I wish my parents will never ever find out, I believe this one story I have with Ucha will be remembered forever. And I think in the next 10 or 20 years, we'll still talk about that time when we both almost had our last breathes. 

That one day in late September. When the front brake of the motorbike where I and Ucha were riding on was loose from its hook. And if anyone knows at what speed a boy could drive on an inter-cities journey on a highway, you know it ain't slow.At that moment, I felt like I was in a scene from the movie Wanted. I felt like I see everything in slow motion.

I saw the vehicles that passing us by. Cars, motorbikes, bus. All slowing down because of the red light. I saw the lines of vehicles in that traffic light that we're about to hit. I even thought to look out for possible moves to avoid the collateral damage. But there was none. We couldn't make a left or a right. We would hit all these vehicle. I looked straight ahead and with all those vehicles already stop at the red light, I remember thinking 'It's gonna be really ugly'.

But in that moment, I was so calm. I wasn't panicked. I wasn't afraid. I didn't even scream. I remember said to Ucha, "It's alright." He wasn't panicked or afraid either. In fact, he was so calm that he didn't lose control of the bike. And by any luck, just a second before we hit the motorbikes in front of us, there was this narrow space between the motorbikes and the car beside it. That's when Ucha made the fast decision to hurtled our motorbike to that said space.

I wondered that I wasn't shaky at all. I wondered that I wasn't panicked but really calculative. I will never forget that moment. A few seconds on the bike when I thought, "Oh, so this is it". Or how we laughed and laughed after the pacing moment passed, cause we didn't know what else to react.

15 comments:

  1. So close! Scary. Glad you're okay! Definitely a story you won't forget.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a story! I'm so happy all is ok for you :) You will not forget this day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness...I am sure that was really scary. I'm so glad that you were both okay! After something like that happens, it is really hard to know how to react. I know what you mean, sometimes you just laugh for lack of knowing what else to do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg. If that was me I would've freaked out of my mind. Thank God you're both okay! I've always been afraid of motorcycles :\

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds scary! I'm glad both of you are fine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow. really scary! glad you both were ok!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a close call! It's sometimes amazing how our bodies are able to calm themselves when we need it the most isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you're ok! Damn, that sounds really scary. At least it's a good story and not a sad one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH WOAH! I'm so happy you're alright!! What an action packed ride that must have been. I felt like I was reading an adventure novel while reading but then I thought, "Oh no, this is real life!" At least I knew the story would end okay because of your happy faces in the pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm thinking, walking is much safer. but close calls like these makes one appreciate life more, don't they?

    hope you have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that's terrifying...I would've probably started hyperventilating (I'm not the screaming type haha). Glad everything is ok though, at least you have a good story to tell.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow, your friend really reacted very fast! Glad you are fine! Pretty scary!

    ReplyDelete

you can love or hate. but with respect.

© Of Ashes & Bones • Theme by Maira G.