SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWSLETTER

HERO IMAGE

HERO IMAGE
Latest Stories

Telling secret

There was this one particular event, one of many ways, how we shared a secret. He used to sit around the corner. But there was no secret about that. His friends knew he was waiting for me and my friends knew he was waiting for me. This one night, I was walking to the parking lot when I saw him standing there in the dark corner. Smoking cigarette. I didn't know he smoked. I don't think anyone knew he smoked. I saw the different side of him. Not about him smoking cigarette, it was something else. His other good part. I didn't know why looking him like that, in his white hoodie, blowing some smoke could make me see his good part. It just did.

His glance caught mine, and I could feel our smiling eyes. I put my stuff in the car then I drove away. Left him in his moment. We never talked about that night, but every time he sat there in the corner, waiting for me, caught my eyes and we exchanged smiles, that shy smiles tacitly, we knew that there's a secret only we know. It's not just about I knew that he knew, but it's also about he knew that I knew he knew. 

14 comments:

  1. Such a short entry but so full of emotions. Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your descriptions always make me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Niken, your writing style always gets to me, without exception. Beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it Niken! You are such a great storyteller. You should write a book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a way with words my dear! Always leaving us wanting more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It might sound like a cliche, but u really know how to do it. Ur writing is beautiful and with perfect sense for balance, it is not overburding but still, saying so much and for me it is just great. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I FOUND YOUR BLOG! You somehow disapeared and Beate had to help me find you!!
    Interesting story!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's weird! i think i lost yours too.

      Delete
  8. Love your writing style!
    xx
    Stéphanie from http://haveafashionbreak.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute and touching. Have a lovely Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Girl, you can write!!!! Loved this!!!

    ReplyDelete

you can love or hate. but with respect.

© Of Ashes & Bones • Theme by Maira G.