SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWSLETTER

HERO IMAGE

HERO IMAGE
Latest Stories

Reminiscence. Of place

There's something about going back to the place of your childhood. Looking at the street that was so familiar, and see how it has evolved. Ever slowly calling back memories of every trace from the back of your mind. There is where I fell off my bike. There was a tall cherry tree on this side. Here where we used to hide and collected dandelions.

With every pace cleanse every memory. Butterflies fill your stomach. And when you're finally there, it feels like you twirl. In a good way. Like you've been absorbed by the old swing of music that you can't recall, but you terribly sure you love it. And so you dance in your mind. Reliving the moments that were done there. The house where you spent some fragments of your life. It feels so good to remember and to think that you did have delightful childhood.

How you addressing that feeling? Nostalgia. Happy nostalgia. A reminiscence. I think that's the word. And as my childhood was spent in several places, I'm planning on to pay a visit to each. I think that will be a gratifying project.

13 comments:

  1. Oh how I love to go home and relive those days. You do not realize how magical childhood is when you are a child. Oh my, I want to be little again. Everything was so simple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your posts always touch my heart. :) I love the house I grew up in. I love being there. It reminds me of my mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I know this feeling. Good memories, and a few tears, but all good times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's a wonderful thing that you are going to try to visit each of the places from your childhood, how cool! I hope you take pictures of each one and share them with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's been years and years since I've been back to my childhood neighborhood, but sometimes I like to close my eyes and picture it, I can still see it perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you captured those feelings so beautifully. made me think of my home. havent been there for too long.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i drove by my childhood neighborhood and it happend that the people who lived there were moving out. i stopped and chatted with them for a while and told them that i grew up in that house. they invited me to take a look -- it had been over 30years since we moved out of that house but even now, i still remember every single room and how it looked. i remember where we had our furniture and what the kitchen looked like.

    so when i walked around the house, it was exactly how i remembered it (save for the different wall colors and furniture) but the blueprint in my mind was exactly the same... just smaller.

    it was wonderful to go back in there!

    your post captured those feelings of nostalgia perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. a visit to each! what a great idea. Is the photo you used of one of them? It looks like a magical place to begin.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a wonderful post and a great idea! It's crazy how most anything can bring up a memory. A place, a song, a picture. :) Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to visit some places from my past, I spent a great deal of my childhood abroad, so unfortunately it is kind of difficult (read: expensive) to visit those places.

    x

    Marielle

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know exactly what you mean. That's how I felt in Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is exactly how I feel. I grew up in one place and my parents still live there. It's bittersweet for me thinking of childhood memories though since there are times I just want to jump back in and be absorbed by the innocence, ya know?

    ReplyDelete

you can love or hate. but with respect.

© Of Ashes & Bones • Theme by Maira G.