SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWSLETTER

HERO IMAGE

HERO IMAGE
Latest Stories

Book 101


Books that I've read this past 2 months. Necessarily in that order.

4 books in 2 month? That's lame, I know. Actually I've been buying books since April, but I never really got a chance to finish them. So these past 2 months, whenever I got the chance, I spent that time reading. Mostly in the airport waiting room. And yes, there are some books that still waiting for me to read them on my desk at home.

I realized one thing about books. There are books that can easily be read. I don't have to think. Just keep reading it until the last page of it. With these kind of book, I don't need a lot of time to finish them and absorb the story. This is how I felt about Divergent and Insurgent. I could read it easily. I read each book in a few hours. So far, I liked them but they're not my favorite.

And then there are the kind of books that require my time and focus to read them. I read this kind of book slowly, and I should really paying attention to understand the words. This is how I felt about The Confession. I spent days to finish that one. John Grisham is great, but still, my favorites for science-crime fiction go to The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo trilogy. But I might collect Grisham's books from now on.

And then, there's 50 Shades Of Grey. Too many sex, in my opinion. And most of them are not pretty. ha! However I still want to read the sequel.

Do you have another books recommendation?

And oh, I had the situation when I wish I were that kind of girl who bring mace or gun whenever I go ( I know Jen would approve this) a couple of days ago. It's when a snake tried to climb to my head through my arm. I hate hate hate snake. Jeez! I know that when you're somewhere in a forest, that's something to be expected. But still, a snake fell on me? I wanted to kill it in the middle of my screaming. And man, that thing is fast. Hopefully it won't happen again in the future. Ever.

p.s : What accompanies you when you read? Mine mostly coffee, but sometimes I like to read accompanied by tarik tea as well (like when I read The Confession).

14 comments:

  1. Hmmm, I wondered about Fifty Shades of Grey, since it seems to be so popular now. I always drink coffee when I read! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i bought it because i was curious too. read the first 20 pages or so, and then all is about sex until the end. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still have so many books to read! As for recommendations, you probably know that I am a fan of Scandinavian and Icelandic crime novels. At some point I will check out 50 shades of grey.
    I usually drink tea or coffee when I read. Sometimes cookies and a hot soy chocolate.
    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are so on the same reading page! I'm loving Divergent right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I have so many book recommendations for you! Too many to list here! But I like a lot of young adult stuff. A book that I really liked is The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson. It's kind of contemporary with a little mystery and a lot of paranormal thrown in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so happy for you you got to read those books! I wish I could give you any recommendations but I hardly ever read anything else than my books for the university. I so can't wait till the next 2 years are over so I can finally read all the books that are piling up in my shelves - I keep buying the ones I want to read but never actually do.
    If I do get to read I'm always accompanied by tea and chocolate :)
    I hope you're having a wonderful Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i know what you mean! i haven't been reading as much lately either. i like having some nice tea or coffee when i read, plus a blanket, so i can be all warm :3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I HATED Fifty Shades....SO poorly written and just DUMB!!! I am reading "Gone Girl" and so far it is great! Wish we had more time to read....!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to read the Divergent series!! And 50 shades is not my cup of tea. I'm not even interested in reading them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am on the waiting list at the library for Divergent & Insurgent! I have heard a lot of good things about them. I also did not care much for 50 Shades of Grey - it wasn't written very well. I do recommend Graceling by Kristin Cashore for a good adventure/fantasy read that has a great message! I am going to start Edgewood by Karen McQuestion soon and I am excited about it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't think it's lame I love books!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just finished "The Traveler's Gift" and I LOVED it! It has a lot of US History, so I wonder if it would translate as well, but the meaning behind it will still come through! And Andrews is a great author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've wondered about 50 shades of grey too, since it's literally everywhere. I'm not sure it really sounds like something I'll like, though. And I allllways have coffee with me :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wouldnt bother necessarily with the sequals to 50 shades - It is the kind of book I wish I had never bothered reading now.. like I wish I could slap myself!!
    I am reading World War Z at the moment and LOVING IT.. it is not the kind of book I would usually go for but isn't that the fun part!!
    Loving the blog lately xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

you can love or hate. but with respect.

© Of Ashes & Bones • Theme by Maira G.