SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWSLETTER

HERO IMAGE

HERO IMAGE
Latest Stories

converse love!


we love converse.
we think they're the coolest shoes ever.
the more chapped and faded they are, the more we love them.

i've been wearing converse since high school. even when they're forbidden. public schools in Indonesia have a national policy, and one of them is uniform. from cloth to shoes. shoes must be plain black. no other colors. mine were classic converse. black & white with white laces. therefore, they took it. but the students protested, because almost half of the school wore them. they finally allowed converse with one condition. the laces must be replaced with the black ones. fine by us. 

that classic converse of mine was my absolute favorite. they were old, chapped & faded, torn out & worn out. my mom bought me new pair of shoes. brand new nike/adidas, i forgot. but i didn't wear them at all. i was stick to my vintage converse. my mom got sick of my converse because they're so worn out and she said they made me look messier than i already was. so she threw them away. it broke my heart. i wore the new shoes. but of course, i bought myself another converse. through the time my mom finally accepted the fact that i love {chapped} converse. and then last year, my mom bought me another converse for my birthday present. i just love them. 

8 comments:

  1. converse's the best. are u the one with torn-out jeans? since you say you're a mess. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a pair of purple high top converse when I was in high school, but I couldn't wear them to school either because of uniform regulations. We had to wear dress shoes, no sneakers allowed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. interesting about the policies of other places!
    i remember my high top black converse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My girlfriend has had her converse for 20 years! She said that they get better with age ;) That is so cool that y'all stood up to your school and got to wear your precious shoes- Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Janna : that's so true. they get better with age,haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. ITU SEPATU KU.!
    ken pake bahasa Indonesia donk skaliskali . apa sediain layanan 2 bahasa sekaligus di blogmu

    ReplyDelete
  7. @bernad : kapan2 lah aku pake bahasa indonesia. ribet kalo pake layanan 2 bahasa,,

    tp sepatuku tetep paling keren nad

    ReplyDelete

you can love or hate. but with respect.

© Of Ashes & Bones • Theme by Maira G.