SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWSLETTER

HERO IMAGE

HERO IMAGE
Latest Stories

Botanic Gardens

It wasn't the first time that we intentionally go to a tourist spot on Sunday afternoon. A few hours before, just as I was rushing all the domestic chores that I'd been neglecting for a week, the humidity in the air felt like it could melt my skin. I wasn't sure about being outside when the heat is unbearable, but the thought of salted gula Melaka waffle brunch in the old part of town that my friends promised me really shook my will. After finishing the last batch of laundry, I hurried myself to get ready. We met at the north-east line platform interchange and headed west. 

A roasted rosemary chicken and salt-pepper snapper later, we shared 2 servings of waffles and 2 scoops of ice cream. We caught up on life and how we miss the old days when we were all working at the same place. Sitting in one of the tables at that rustic bistro with these friends was so refreshing. The absence that lies between us in the past 10 months was invisible. It felt as if we never part. Two hours and long stories later, we headed out to the botanic gardens. 

We made our way in between the other visitors - tourists and locals. We were thankful for the canopy-like trees that bent overlapping each other which provide shelter for us from direct sunlight. We walked on the pathway, and we could see the hall in the middle of the meadow where a pianist was doing a rehearsal. We crossed by the pond towards the orchid hall, where we had to pay five dollars each. 

As we roamed through the hall, my flowery dress was swaying around tangled with the breeze and I could feel the sunshine fall on my bare legs. That moment was something that I feel so thankful for. For the blowing wind that makes the branches dance, for the sunshine that drops on my naked skin, for the clear blue sky that lights the day, for companions that laugh at every stupid joke. I will remember that day as the day that we revive our inner 14-year-old self.

6 comments:

  1. I'm a huge fan of gardens! This place is absolutely beautiful; and that little arch made of the leaves, it looks so grand. *heart eyes for this entry*

    cabin twenty-four

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That little arc might be my favorite part in the garden. it reminds me of Rivendell from The Lord Of The Ring movie

      Delete
  2. I've been wanting to do a photoshoot at a botanic garden for the LONGEST time!!! -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's quite refreshing and soothing to be there

      Delete
  3. What a lovely garden!! How I wish there's a place like this in Dubai! :)

    ReplyDelete

you can love or hate. but with respect.

© Of Ashes & Bones • Theme by Maira G.