SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWSLETTER

HERO IMAGE

HERO IMAGE
Latest Stories

Back at Work

On my second week at work, one of my colleagues arranged an impromptu big group lunch on Friday. But because there were a lot of shows in the production and post-production phase at the time, we only managed to gather 15 people. We went to the vegetarian restaurant near the Havelock Street. We walked towards the North Canal before taking a left turn in front of the subway entry. I couldn't help but reminisce the old memories from last year. How often we passed this route for different reasons. It felt a bit weird to go with these bunch of people again - as if I never left, but at the same time, I could feel the difference caused by my absence in the past 8 months. 

I remember on my first day back to tv production I felt a bit nervous. I hadn't done this in the past 8 months, and all sort of thoughts running in my mind. All the ifs and buts and justs. At the end of my first week back, I had a meeting with my Executive Producer to discuss the progress of the production that I'm working on. I came in the middle of things, so I have a short amount of time to prepare for the shoot. Just before I left his room, he asked me how I was doing. I told him I felt so behind the game this time around. I still feel that I haven't had myself fully back yet. He laughed at my response and rolled his eyes,"Niks, This is only your first week". Somehow, his words made sense. It gave some sort of reassurance. Just maybe, I shouldn't be too hard on myself all the time. 





No comments

Post a Comment

you can love or hate. but with respect.

© Of Ashes & Bones • Theme by Maira G.