SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWSLETTER

HERO IMAGE

HERO IMAGE

A Solitary Nook

I found an almost-emptiness in this places. It hides behind the weekends. Behind the old shop houses and the secret hums of the birds that you cannot see. Behind the closed glass doors of coffee shops, and the empty stalls at the hawker center. Somehow, the line-up parking cars feel more like a desolation. We walked around, pretending to be a tourist. Looking for nooks and crannies, and the unheard sound of familiarity. Because sometimes, emptiness is like a friend. We sat on a swing in the middle of an empty park. I wasn't alone. But we sat there like two walking-walls, lost in our own thoughts. 

2 comments:

  1. I love your writing. I miss Singapore and wandering around these streets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. its been too long since I've been to your blog, niken <3
    lovely as always.
    ataylorstudio.com

    ReplyDelete

you can love or hate. but with respect.

© Of Ashes & Bones • Theme by Maira G.