SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWSLETTER

HERO IMAGE

HERO IMAGE

Saudade


"There are times when I can smell the coffee - from a place that's a few flights away from here, that I had in previous chapter of life. And I can feel the heat of tropical sun outside like it's here. Now. I sense the ambiance, the noise of roosters and singing leaves and breathing morning. I lick that memories, because it's delicious and it feels so real that it's almost hurt. Because I can see them, inhaling all their scents, even when my eyes are wide open."

sau.da.de
/souˈdädə/
noun 
a feeling of longing, melancholy, 
or nostalgia that is supposedly characteristic
 of the Portuguese or Brazillian temprament

7 comments:

  1. Most lovely of words...like the mood of that image. It makes me feel alone, and misty and if I close my eyes, I smell it. Salt and coffee brewing....coffee with a teardrop.
    Saudade is another word for life. You are so beautiful, Niken.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful word and post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I swear, some days nostalgia is my middle name. Thank you for sharing these words!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your picture, the perspective is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. saudade :) really well use for the word.

    ReplyDelete

you can love or hate. but with respect.

© Of Ashes & Bones • Theme by Maira G.