SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWSLETTER

HERO IMAGE

HERO IMAGE

January

On the last day of our shooting second round of travel, I woke up at 5 am and by 6 in the morning we're already on cam. It was only our driver, the cameraman and me on that early morning. We needed to shoot the b-roll. We went all over the village taking the morning routines of the people. Six in the morning in this place was already late. People were already half way finishing their morning routine. Some were already left on their pick-ups, off to the market to earn living. Some already carrying their heavy plastic bags filled with fresh veggies and condiments and meats. And I was standing there, on the middle of the street on the busy morning in these people lives, looking at the mountain in the background, thinking how amazing this life is. We'd been staying in this village for 2 weeks. This place was one thing. Internet connection was a luxury and rarity, any store that still open after 9.30 pm was nowhere to be found within 3 hours car drive, yet at the same time this place made me feel that this life is really simple. That when you really think about it, you don't need much to be content. Our third round of shooting was just about to begin, and I couldn't wait to see where it would take me next.

6 comments:

  1. Life begins outside the comfort zone?
    How spoilt we are to live with internet and supermarket open for 20 hours a day. I'm totally with you on that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds so fascinating! I would love to be able to spend some time there! Love that picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing how people live all over the world! How fascinating that you were able to take this all in!!! Beautiful shot as well friend! Nicole xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing. I agree. you don't need much to be content.

    ReplyDelete
  5. But, where IS THIS BEAUTIFUL PLACE OF MAGIC????
    I know it is the kind of place I search for. The peacefulness, the easiness, the simplicity of life. The golden temple in the center of the village...is it buddhist? Look at ALL THOSE LUSCIOUS TREES!
    I will calmly wait to hear more about your soul enriched experience, my friend.
    Peace

    ReplyDelete

you can love or hate. but with respect.

© Of Ashes & Bones • Theme by Maira G.