SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWSLETTER

HERO IMAGE

HERO IMAGE
Latest Stories

On writing

I write for my sanity. I love the click sounds when my fingers typing on the keyboard. I love how a paragraph is formed from letters to words. I love the feeling when a story is told after spilling what's inside your thoughts. I have that moments when I can't resist the strong urge to write even though at that time I really have nothing to say in mind. Even though I hate it when what comes out of me at that moment doesn't feel true and honest, I still have a sense of relief for writing whatever nonsense my head tells me. To keep my self from insanity. Words are my armour and army. They're my fight and defend. Writing is my getaway and safe haven. It's my refugee and kingdom. It gives me a peace of mind at troubled times. When there are things that I need to spill but I don't know how at the moment, writing understands me. When there are feelings that I need to release but I don't want anyone to know, writing gives me shoulder to lean on.

16 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this Niken! And I love to read what you write. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. how beautifully put
    and it's more or less the same for me
    only not the sound of typing
    but the sound of a fountainpen ;^))

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so relatable. especially those moments when you feel you have something to get out but what ends up being written just doesn't feel like what was in your head.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tap tap tap on the keys. Oh, that glorious sound of thinking and typing and all the energy and fulfillment that comes with writing. I am a writer. I cannot live without paper and pen. And an old fashioned manual typewriter is delicious.
    Write whatever comes out! It's like a painter staring at a blank canvas. Go for it!!
    I think it's safe to say writing is like a friend. Like that song goes, We all need someone we can lean on!
    Right?
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. for me, writing is therapy. couldn't live without it xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree...I love the sound of the keys tapping and watching a paragraph form. Wonderfully written, Niken. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Writing keeps me sane too. Keep writing, my friend, you write beautifully

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this too! although me, I love to write on my own/other language than Eng.. ;)
    Keep doing what you love to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (sorry had troubles posting from other than Blogger..) hi :)

      Delete
  9. Writing is such a beautiful thing :). Where would we be without it? Hope you are well Niken!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yesyesyes, to your words. I've lately been remembering how much writing means to be, and how it helps me to understand my thoughts or express myself in a way nothing else does. It's one of those things I can forget to do, and once I resume it, I wonder how on earth I ever stopped.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like to write too but I never finish. My mind becomes blank and I just walk away. Perhaps I like short rather then long, but I don't know. But I never finish. Ever. I simply go on to the next. Always a dead end story. But if writing is your outlet and it feeds fuel to your soul then keep doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved reading this! click sounds on the keyboard is one of the best sounds ever!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I especially love the last line! It's so nice to read your thoughts on writing. I totally know what you mean and feel connected to you through this shared love of writing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i understand you totally...i just fear my english sucks and that is why i don't share much in my blog, about my writing.
    but i do write for sanity and self care. it is like crying, i feel clean and lighter afterwards :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. thanks for this post. i totally agree, writing as a form of therapy.

    monika

    ReplyDelete

you can love or hate. but with respect.

© Of Ashes & Bones • Theme by Maira G.