SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWSLETTER

HERO IMAGE

HERO IMAGE
Latest Stories

Last Week of November

The rainy season has finally come to Bali,
We started the shooting of a documentary film on Wednesday,
I've been traveling to places I've never been before.

There are only 4 of us working on this documentary, and luckily we all get along so well. Too well. Our small team consist of director, cameraman, soundman and line producer. We have the same beat and we make each other laugh. As the line producer, there are advantages working with small team in a documentary. First of all, I don't have to be so stressed out thinking about how to accommodate everything that this production needs. And with documentary film where you don't know what's going to happen next, it's easier to move 4 people from one location to another when you only have 2 minutes to do so, compare to organizing the transportation for 200 crews like I do in a tv shows, tv commercials or feature films production. The downside is just we all get so occupied doing several job desks at the same time. But it's been so fun so none of us are complaining. There are so many interesting things I saw in the places that we visited and there are so many interesting stories that I experienced. Last week of November served me well.

16 comments:

  1. To me living here these pictures matched with the word 'november' are more than exotic (-: Here, that means heavy rain and maybe even snow. Enjoy ur precious weather ,-) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! These pictures are amazing. I can't believe that is a real place! I am completely jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good that you get along with all of your co-directors. You really should make this experience into a book someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is so great that you all get along. great teamwork just produces good energy and good work too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you all get along so well!!! These photos are breath taking friend!!! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great! I'm glad you enjoy your small team :] Makes communication a lot easier too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds perfect. I am glad you are enjoying work so much, Niken! Have a fab December!

    ReplyDelete
  8. sounds like you are a great team. and can I tell you how much I love your photos. I miss Southeast Asia so, so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. too bad we haven't met when you were still in Malaysia. I went there pretty often in the past 2 months :( let me know the next time you hit SE Asia again, maybe we can cross path somewhere.

      Delete
  9. Gorgeous picture, beautiful words, remarkable happy YOU!!!!
    When you're happy I'm happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. one of my dreams as a teenager was to make documentary films, so i am sure that part of me is really jealous. it's good that it's kept intimate because, really, documentaries are suppose to be intimate to the audience. (200 on a tv show?!) so extra good you all get along!! those pictures are gorgeous btw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not all tv shows have that big of a crew, but in one international tv show that i work for we have that big of a crew. tv commercial shoot also usually has a big crew around that number of people. thank you so much, Christine!

      Delete
  11. production always interested me! i wish i would of learned more about it when i was in school.
    Isn't it great when work really doesn't feel like work?! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha,,
      it's not always rainbows and butterflies, but if you love it, it's the best thing ever.

      Delete

you can love or hate. but with respect.

© Of Ashes & Bones • Theme by Maira G.