SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWSLETTER

HERO IMAGE

HERO IMAGE

On broken heart


You lost faith in the human spirit, you walk around like a ghost.
Your star-spangled heart took a train for the coast.
When you shine you're a hilltop mansion, so how'd you lose the light?
Was it blown by the wind in the still of the night?
We're up against the wall. Up against the wall, there's something dying on the street.
When they knock you down, you're gonna get back on your feet.
When they break your heart, when they cause your soul to mourn,
Remember what I said 
Boy you was a battle-born
{The Killers - Battle Born}

Once I was told that to forgive is not to forget. It's about to have someone's position in your heart the same as before your heart's been shattered. That you can think of that person without the reminder of pain lingers in your soul. That in forgiveness, you let your heart to trust again. And of course, to let yourself have that courage to love again. To love without the hurt or fear, in your heart.

18 comments:

  1. The heart is the most resilient organ, in my humble opinion. It can be broken into a thousand pieces, yet still have the capability to love again and again. It's rather beautiful when you think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully said. I always try to keep my trusting heart, no matter what happened. Sure that isn't always easy. :) Hope you are having a good week, Niken! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all have to try and find love in our hearts, even when we are broken. Hard sometimes, we are only human and beautifully flawed. But love, love and love again Niken xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is there such a thing? Love always hurts, in one way or the other.

    /Avy

    http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful words, my friend. It is so hard to forget and forget isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey lovely, just wanted to thank you for your comment on my blog the other day. if you every travel nomadically towards melbourne sometime, let me know. your blog is stunning and i like how honest you are about your life with bipolar and how you document your days via photography. love from, e. x PS. i've been to borneo too...it's amazing there

    ReplyDelete
  7. to let go of fear, that's the hardest I think xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just wanted to take a minute so say thank you for all the wonderful comments you're leaving on my blog, I'm so happy every single time! And it really means a lot to me.

    I love that song by the way and what you've written is truly beautiful, not only because of the words you've chosen, but also because it is so painfully true.

    Lots of love

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometimes it's amazing how our hearts can be so forgiving, compassionate and open to love. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. To forgive is one of the hardest things I think, but like someone mentioned above: the heart, and people as a whole, are very resilient. <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. letting go on some of the heavy aches we have in our heart is one of the most important lessons ever*

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love sucks, but one day finding that one person makes it all worth while. Time and people fix everything.

    All the best,

    Em x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wish I could go back and tell myself that anyone that caused me 'heartache' before Will was a waste of my time and feelings. Hope you are doing okay!

    ReplyDelete

you can love or hate. but with respect.

© Of Ashes & Bones • Theme by Maira G.