SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWSLETTER

HERO IMAGE

HERO IMAGE

Hot + Cold

Cold vanilla ice cream poured with hot dark espresso.
Never even passed my mind eating ice cream/drinking coffee in this way before.

My cousin was a part of the team started Pulau Kelapa Restaurant in Ubud - which serves Indonesian and traditional menu only. There was only a small team when they first time they started the restaurant, so the few of them basically worked on every aspect together. Planning, marketing, site building, etc. My cousin, literally, sticked the woods that are used as the building foundation to the ground. Though now he's no longer working with them, he still goes there sometimes to say hi to the people there. The other day he asked me to come there with him. We were greeted with food testing - couldn't complaint about that. The restaurant have a food lab that develops new receipts - it's like science meets fun.

23 comments:

  1. Everything looks delicious! I also never thought of combining ice-cream and espresso but it's such a great idea, I'll have to try it soon. Hope your well Niken!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm, affogato is my favourite way of having coffee!

    Bramble & Thorn

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG that looks sooooo good!!!! My friend drinks coffee/eats ice cream that way! I want to go to your cousin's restaurant so much right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, HELLOOOOO there,nice cream and espresso!!
    Goodness Niken. That looks divine! Is that a normal thing there in Bali?
    I love the idea.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, food testing sounds great. And these look amazing. I really like Indonesian food, haha it looks and sounds so delicous and exicting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm, yum...not I am craving some vegan Indonesian food. :) Espresso and ice cream sounds like the perfect mix!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i would love to be a 'tester' of such things :)

    coffee and vanilla ice cream sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh yum this looks incredible.
    http://saltskinned.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh i like that - science meets fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Niken,

    We have to say that generally we are not very adventurous when it comes to food. So, the idea of a restaurant which is more like a science laboratory makes us nervous. But, the food you show here looks delicious and we might well give it a try!

    We have found you via the delightful Jane at Always with Yoo. We are your latest followers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That ice cream with espresso sounds divine!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, ice cream + coffee sounds divine!! And sign me up for food testing any day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OOH this looks yummy!

    www.internetlyaddicted.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. ohhh my goodness thank you ssooooo much for sharing!
    http://lifturbum.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry it took me so long to follow your blog, deary!
    The food looks absolutely amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can only imagine how amazing this all tasted. I'd love to try some traditional Indonesian recipes. Do you know of any you could recommend?

    ReplyDelete

you can love or hate. but with respect.

© Of Ashes & Bones • Theme by Maira G.