SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWSLETTER

HERO IMAGE

HERO IMAGE
Latest Stories

Main Street Corner : Motorbike In Kuta

Sometimes I wish they would forbid any vehicles with motors to pass along the narrow street of Kuta. Build a parking space somewhere before Jalan Pantai, so people will just walk. Usually we always park our motorbike far enough from our destination when we go to Kuta, and then we'll walk around. This area is pretty packed, and sometimes it can be very difficult to find a parking space even for a motorbike. And then people will just park on the forbidden spots, creating traffic jam. I hate when people park not in the right place. 
When we were there few weeks ago, there are some motorbikes that parked on the said forbidden spot, right in front of McDonalds. Though the police had placed a no parking sign, these people still park there. When the patrol police found motorbikes that were parked carelessly, he deflated thei tires. We were watching it from McDonalds, curious to see to whom the bikes belong to. Too bad the owners didn't show up before we leave. 

20 comments:

  1. He deflated their tires? Hahaha, I like that idea. Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's hilarious! hahaha. I really wish they would have come back sooner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The street bustling with cars, why these days I feel car sick even by looking at them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This must have been interesting to watch :) Deflating the tires is an awesome idea! It makes me mad, too, when people cause traffic jams just because they don't seem to care to think at all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He really deflated the tires? Haha. Can't believe it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love walking around a city-- it feels like I get to know it so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh that's actually kind of hilarious that they would deflate the tires!! That'll certainly teach them a lesson :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha omg, they should do that here! might actually stop people from blocking roadways and entrances for once x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha that was such a good way for the cop to prevent them from doing it again :).

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love reading your thoughts about experiences. It's really cool you ride a motor bike. I really don't know how to at all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh that is such a nuisance!! I know this problem is also frequent in India. I wish people would just pay attention to the rules, then there would be no consequences or extra hassle.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would be terrified and annoyed all at once.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lol. That will teach them!
    Can I ask you something? Do you live anywhere near Bali?
    So happy to have stumbled upon your corner. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Interesting story….highlighting a real problem….& nice photos as illustration….good job as a photo journalist!

    ReplyDelete
  15. thank you so much for your comments :)
    we really appreciate your kind words!
    young blood

    ReplyDelete
  16. So, they completely forgo giving them a fine and go straight to deflating the tires?! I guess I am with prairiegirl- that'll teach them!

    ReplyDelete

you can love or hate. but with respect.

© Of Ashes & Bones • Theme by Maira G.