SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWSLETTER

HERO IMAGE

HERO IMAGE
Latest Stories

Lucky bastard*

"My name is Tucker Max, and I am an asshole. I get excessively drunk at inappropriate times, disregard social norms, indulge every whim, ignore the consequences of my actions, mock idiots and posers, sleep with more women than is safe or reasonable, and just generally act like a raging dickhead. But I do contribute to humanity in one very important way : I share my adventure with the world."

Tucker Max - I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell

I read his book months ago. I laughed and I frowned, and I felt disgusted, I hated him, I laughed again, I couldn't believe he did those things, I nodded, I yelled, disgusted, why is this person exist??? , another laugh. You get the it. Personally, I like this book that chronicles the wild life of Tucker Max (and yes, he's a real person).  He's an asshole. Just like what he said. But I love his no non-sense take on love - or in his case, get laid. I don't know, but I'm not a romantic person so there are some things that I can be on the same page with him. About that it's not all about flowers and chocolates, and presents in romance.

Truth to be told, if you're romantic, you might not want to read it at all. But on the other side, if you read this book, then you'd be grateful that you have a man who brings you flowers, gives you chocolate, and take you to fancy restaurant not so he can do you butt. And record it in a video. Bam! And men, if you read it, you guys know how to be a better man. Or else - you questioning the existence of God. Not judging you Tucker. Not judging you. For me, this book is refreshing after all those murder and secret agent stories I read. It might sound heartless, but I love his book. 

Two of my favorites actual readers feedback for Tucker Max :

"I find it truly appalling that there are people in the world like you. You are a disgusting, vile, repulsive, repugnant, foul creature. Because of you, I don't believe in God anymore. No just God would allow someone like you to exist."

"You are the coolest person I can even imagine existing. If you slept with my girlfriend, it'd make me love her more."

*some people just are.

8 comments:

  1. Wow, this book sounds really interesting! I think I would probably find him disgusting, but I think it's so fascinating how people view him from opposite sides of the spectrum in those comments!! I guess everyone is different with unique value systems! Great review! I like that you posted a book review!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, two entirely different types of feedback, it makes me so curious of the book. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually it sounds like a fascinating read. I am highly intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVED HIS BOOK! Couldn't stop laughing haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. exactly!!!! that might sounds mean, but i found out i was entertained by his...actions? gosh. he's like the real version of stifler.

      Delete
  5. Niken I haven't been sure u are gonna read it on my blog so here:) U are welcom in Bosnia and Herzegovina whenever u decide to come. Enjoy the weekend! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds great! I will check it out! Thanks for the recommendation, I am not romantic either. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Contradicting feedback haha Interesting book! Thank you for sharing your review! :-)

    ReplyDelete

you can love or hate. but with respect.

© Of Ashes & Bones • Theme by Maira G.