SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWSLETTER

HERO IMAGE

HERO IMAGE

MORE THAN SPORT

A few months ago, I got the opportunity to work with Chris Lieto and MORE Than Sport. MORE Than Sport is a non-profit organization founded by Lieto, an american professional triathlete, Ironman champion, world record holder in cycling and 3 times triathlon champion. Inspired by the communities around the countries where he's competing, Lieto formed this organization as his way to give back to community through sport. 

In that event, MORE Than Sport worked their focus to help children with disability that have passion in sports. On one afternoon, one of many events that were held to raise donationa, we had some orphan kids who lost their sight to play football with Lieto and other participants of the Bali International Triathlon. As I stood there behind a camera, I felt so moved and touched by the scene. I was touched by the genuine-feeling of the action performed by MORE Than Sport team - of how they tried to connect and interact with the kids. And I was mesmerized with these kids. I might try not to look at them too much, because I felt this pangs in my heart.

That day had taught me a few lessons and as well as a reminder of gratitude, kindness and sharing. A good cause from the smallest action. 

To watch the video visit MORE Than Sport vimeo.

7 comments:

  1. I love the idea of giving back through sport. Mr. Lieto is wonderful for doing this and thank you so much for posting about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a really great organization. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a great organization! it must've been an amazing and wonderful feeling to document this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this! sounds like an awesome organization and opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great organization! Thanks for sharing, Niken!

    ReplyDelete

you can love or hate. but with respect.

© Of Ashes & Bones • Theme by Maira G.