SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWSLETTER

HERO IMAGE

HERO IMAGE

Farewell

There are moments when I really feel that feeling. Like the one in one random Monday morning in July, when the chills creeping through my sock. I felt it again on another random morning in August. That one morning. I went to sleep on the couch in our rented apartment living room at 2.30 am. After spending the night on the balcony looking through the sea, talking about how we were looking at the sea and everything else around this city that was not ours, but the sky was still the same. Cheesy. The temperature was 6 degree. We laughed.

We chose to sleep on the couch in the living room because the glass doors that covers the building would allow the first sun light fell straight to our faces. We let the curtains open so we could watch the edge of the horizon within our sight. And when we woke up a few minutes before 6 am, we saw the golden ray. It was so calming. Despite the lack of sleep, we decided to walk out the door and went to get some coffee.

As we walked on the neighbourhood, watching the city slowly awake, I couldn't help but feel so content. In that moment, we don't have to worry about tomorrow or the pile of the laundry. We don't have to worry about work, about the future or the the ending of that day. All's forgiven, all's forgotten. In that moment, I was reminded that I'm in love with the world too.

23 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Your writing constantly inspires me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely & poetic :) Don't you just love days that make you fall in love with the world...again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This moment sounds absolutely gorgeous. There are few moments in life when things feel like they are exactly as they are meant to be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This moment sounds absolutely gorgeous. There are few moments in life when things feel like they are exactly as they are meant to be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This moment sounds absolutely gorgeous. There are few moments in life when things feel like they are exactly as they are meant to be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing and poetic post. Just what I needed on this Monday morning. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You really have such a beautiful way of phrasing things. I know exactly what you're talking about. Isn't it wonderful?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful writing :) You have a gift, I can really relate-it always seems to be when you don't expect it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Keep living in the moment :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those moments too. When all is right. It's wonderful ;-) Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this post! And it's exactly how the ocean makes me feel, too :) I could just look at it for hours and not worry about anything. So glad you had such an amazing experience.
    Hope you're doing well, sweet Niken! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I enjoy the poetic nature to your writing. The world really is such a fascinating place.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautifully said, my friend. Feeling content is the best feeling, at least for me. I think not worrying and just enjoying the little things are what makes everyday so great.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just beautiful. I live for those moments. You said it so perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pretty. :) Both the words and the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love your mysterious style of writing. beautiful. love that you relate to my 'flower gathering' moment as a moment of falling in love with the world...because i can certainly relate to this one.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think I can picture the scene well. beautifully written :)

    ReplyDelete

you can love or hate. but with respect.

© Of Ashes & Bones • Theme by Maira G.