SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWSLETTER

HERO IMAGE

HERO IMAGE

Main street corner : Book sale - Double Six

It was 9 am under the greyish sky at Double Six beach, Kuta, Bali. You can find people, local or not, jogging or dog-walking along the beach. We wondered around the beach and decided there's not much going on so we walked back on the street to get around the area. After a few minutes of walking around the area, I saw a man stacking used books on a motorcycle. Apparently it's a mobile-second-book-stall. The merchant told me that he usually sells the books around Double Six area only. He just stack the books on his bike, choose a spot to park and let people come to him. It's just unusual for such a touristy place like Double Six to have this kind of stall.

13 comments:

  1. Great post and lol at the book merchant. I actually thought it was a cute idea, but I see where you're coming from by saying that it's a tourist area. Poor thing, despite it being a gloomy day, it still looks like a beautiful place. Thanks for sharing!

    XO | KIMBERYLUXE

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is A LOT of books to carry around! I hope he gets good business. That can't be easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool! I love finding random used books merchants, and this one even comes with a view haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never seen anything like this before! How awesome! I wish we'd have something like that here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great post and I love your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so cool! I've never seen anything like that before.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's awesome! He sounds like an interesting guy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. totally cool! i've seen books sold in lots of ways but this is definitely a first! very nice pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How inspirational and wonderful of him. I have always liked and admired the stories of mobile libraries and bookcenters on bicycles but I've never heard of one, nor had the pleasure to see one, on a motorcycle.

    ReplyDelete
  10. looks like a good area to sell books, near the cool ocean and all

    hope you have a sweet day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Want to offer for you a user-friendly platform to businesses and individuals to Post Free Ads.
    Post Free Ads or get free account via Facebook Login in one click.
    Get more with free advertising at www.postallads4free.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like to see those pictures from another culture!

    ReplyDelete

you can love or hate. but with respect.

© Of Ashes & Bones • Theme by Maira G.