SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWSLETTER

HERO IMAGE

HERO IMAGE

Longing

I miss the feeling of that early morning chill creeping through my socks into my wild heart.
I miss the feeling of the eagerness. To wake up and wonder what kind of adventure is waiting today. 
I miss the feeling of that simple contentment from looking up to the sky and see the cotton  trees blooming. 
I miss the feeling of optimistic hope. To feel, to really feel and to believe, to really believe.
I miss the feeling of the anticipation. Of careless action and a sudden trip, just because.
I miss the feeling of that ocean smell filling my lungs.

Nostalgia is such a bitter-sweet feeling, don't you think?


10 comments:

  1. Ah I find nostalgia to be the most heart-wrenching emotion there is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is bittersweet for sure. I know what you mean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, there is nothing like nostalgia! I struggle with trying to live in the moment because it's easy to romanticize the past with nostalgia. I find myself missing times in my past but if I really stop to remember, I DID have struggles during that time too. I hope you find a great adventure you are looking for! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It definitely is, Niken! Beautiful post! I feel nostalgic a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this Niken, very vivid and emotive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nostalgia makes us feel SO many emotions...you're right, it's truly a bittersweet feeling and emotion.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I believe it is a bittersweet feeling. I think it shows you were you belong!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So true. Why are we always looking back thinking it was better in the past?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you've expressed this! "through my socks into my wild heart" -- I think I know that feeling.

    ReplyDelete

you can love or hate. but with respect.

© Of Ashes & Bones • Theme by Maira G.