SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWSLETTER

HERO IMAGE

HERO IMAGE
Latest Stories

Coming home

When I was in junior high, I watched this international tv show for the first time and I couldn't stop admiring how cool is the show. I remember telling myself 'One day, I should be in that show'. Fast forward some years, sometimes I still can't believe it myself that I work for that very show.

We shoot twice a year for a few months. Every time I come back to the show, I feel like coming home. I don't know if it's my connection with the show back since I was younger, the familiarity, the people that I'm working with who already feel like my second family, the pace, the adrenaline, the adventure or the combination of them all that make me feel that way.

Funny isn't it? How sometimes you find other home in such unexpected thing. For me it's not just the physical form of a building, but more to the feeling of belonging. The feeling that makes you sure that you were made for this life, to be with this person. For me home could be a place, an event, or a person. I know I belong here

9 comments:

  1. It really is a good feeling - that feeling of being at home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy to hear this, Niken! What a great feeling! You are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, exactly. I've been thinking about "home" lately, too. You expressed it perfectly!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know the feeling! Though not the feeling of doing something as cool as you do:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cool, I'm dying to know what show it is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Coming home is such fantastic feeling! Just like you said, sometimes it isn't a physical place. It's not a building or even a community. It's just that sincere feeling of belonging. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a very comforting feeling when you find a place where you know you belong. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, that's so incredible- you found such a strong calling. I could only hope to find something like that one day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, this made me smile. I wonder if it's because, when we're so far from home, that deep inside our hearts we carry a piece of home with us...no matter where in the world we are.

    So cool that you enjoyed a show when younger and grew up to work for it later on. Destiny is so magical. :)

    ReplyDelete

you can love or hate. but with respect.

© Of Ashes & Bones • Theme by Maira G.