SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWSLETTER

HERO IMAGE

HERO IMAGE
Latest Stories

Chasing sunset

A few days ago I just finished one of my project and got some time off now. On Friday, I visited one of my friends office here in Bali. They are a communication boutique company who do anything about product communication, from design, releases, etc. Since we had some free time, we decided to drive off with no exact destination. The purpose was simple. To enjoy the time with sunset as the background.

We just drove off with no where in mind to go until at some place we just decided to stop. It was in Krobokan area and we set ourselves. Camera in hands. Beers for the boys, and ice coffee for me. The paddy field was serene. Some people were flying their kites somewhere nearby.

Lately, I do a lot of this spontaneous trip. Unplanned afternoon drive with no destination in mind and just drive until we stop in one place. Some other time, I drive my scooter alone and just drive to the territory that is a stranger to me. Let the road takes me in. Never think, take a turn when I feel like to and at some point, have no idea where I am at the time. 

8 comments:

  1. What an amazing thing to do! There is something really romantic about the idea of heading off with no direction, just ending up wherever the wind might take you. I admire your spontaneity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those kinds of drives! Mmm Bali sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these kinds of trips! You never know what to expect! Glad you had some time off, Niken!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to do this so bad. I've literally wanted to drop everything in life, buy a motorcycle and ride all around the country -- no plan, no direction, no maps, just my heart, the road, and new friends on the horizon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great thing to do! Almost like a mini vacation? :]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful post! You inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. sunsets and spontaneous trips always make me feel alive - especially when combined. ;)
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this. Pretty photos! Nothing better than a day with no plans - besides chasing sunset, of course. It's the exact opposite of the mundane work life. We all need those days. :)

    ReplyDelete

you can love or hate. but with respect.

© Of Ashes & Bones • Theme by Maira G.