SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWSLETTER

HERO IMAGE

HERO IMAGE

Silent words.

Since last week, a Writer's Workshop was created by Little Things and Curiosities. It's the place where we can share tips of writing. Each week Laura will give us a prompt to write and then we can discuss it with others. This week the tips is about the imperfect beginnings. Sometimes, I just write the first thing that pop in my head. But some other times, to pop something in my head is the hardest part. 

Last week, I got a lesson from one of my colleague about writing. I told him that I find it really hard sometimes to begin to write, and he told me this tips :
First thing first, know what you want to say. Even if it's just a line or a word. Then develop.
Second, sometimes it's really easier to write from the end. We tend to put our point at the end as a closing. But try to write from the end, and it's gonna be easier. 

And now, the prompt : I knew he loved me....
Silent Words

I knew he loved me, from the way he sent the pangs by his glance, as we took a slow dance on the boulevard in a quite moment while the city's still dark. When we sit side by side inside an echoing silence. Because his every silence, he shouted those three little words loud and clear.

10 comments:

  1. I love the idea of a writer's workshop! So cool! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. in his every silence. i love that :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "In his every silence, he shouted those three little words loud and clear."

    Gosh, that's beautiful. Isn't that the moment that every woman wants to feel?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so beautiful and touching, Niken!
    I love the idea of a writer's workshop! I would love to do something like that too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh goodness...I LOVE this. Soo cool! And I really like the line where you said "Sometimes, I just write the first thing that pop in my head. But some other times, to pop something in my head is the hardest part."

    I DEFINITELY can relate to that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "My feet hurt." J/K

    This was beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "in his every silence" — such a good phrase :) Thanks for participating, Niken!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Huh! I appreciated the writing tips. Loved the prompt piece. I really liked the images it create in my mind. I guess one thing would be to replace the 'and' in the first sentence with 'when' or 'as' to make it flow better. But I don't know shit, so I feel silly giving a suggestion, but still! Writers group, right?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I scrolled upwards through your blog since I had missed a few posts. And at first I only read the text underneath the picture not knowing what it was about. Very powerful writing, Niken! So wonderful. It makes me want to hear more about the story, to know what's behind it :)
    Such a great idea this Writer's Workshop. Keep it up, it sounds like fun and very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

you can love or hate. but with respect.

© Of Ashes & Bones • Theme by Maira G.