SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWSLETTER

HERO IMAGE

HERO IMAGE

Born a mother

Some people born to be a leader. Some are born to dance, and some simply born to be a mother. When I was younger, I didn't really know what it means, but as I grew up and looked at my own mother, I can completely understand what the phrase means.

My mother is many kind. She's my friend, my confidante, my best alliance, my loyal supporter. I'm very close with my mother for as long as I live. We've passed so many things together and getting through the fog that made our relationship even stronger. But that doesn't mean we don't have our waves. 

One thing about my mom is that she's so strict in raising her kids. There's no action without consequences. As the oldest child, I had more responsibility than my other siblings. It didn't come with discussion, it came through life. The kind that naturally come to you, without you even ever ask for it. You just have to carry it. And therefore, my mom was way more stricter to me than to my siblings.

I couldn't get out play before I do my chores, and if I didn't do my chores properly, I would have to re-do it all over again until I make it right. That time, I used to get angry because i had to do those things. None of my friends at school had any chores at home, they could go out and hang out whenever they want. One day, being a teenager, I confronted my mom about it. I told her that none of my friends should do chores or whatever else it was she made me do. In response of my tantrum, my mom said, "You won't understand it now, but when you're older you'll know what good it is to you. Hate me now, thank me later". She was right.

Now that I'm here, I can never thank my mom enough for every lesson she taught me and everything she's done for me. She set boundaries and she taught us values. She was strict in order to make us strong. Because she'd known that the world wouldn't be soft either. She prepared us for real life. She's strong, but at the same time she's so close to all her kids. She always made us feel loved and we never need to question that.

My mom and I, we had our fights and we had our moments. I had time when I despised that I had to do what she told me to do. But never in my life I feel un-loved by her. Not even when we had a big row and not talking to each other for several days. That the things about her. 

I often wonder to myself. My mom is many thing. She's really good at decorating and designing. She's good at crafting. She taught me english. She could had have a career, which she let go when my little brother was born because she wanted to raise and take care of her kids by her own hands. She could be a big name to the world, but she chose other way. She's good in so many ways, but she's really good with her kids. It's not just I can see it, but I truly feel it. My mom's born a mother.

15 comments:

  1. Your Mum sounds wonderful. Also i love love love your new site design!!
    x Eloise - Jazzlipsandtulips

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, great post Niken! It was so great to read this! I love that you and your mother have such a strong relationship!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's funny how those relationships change as we get older. I've noticed myself becoming more and more like my mother recently and I'm definitely okay with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can relate to this post in sooo many ways! Your mom sounds like an incredible woman, especially because she raised YOU! She reminds me a lot about my mom, and your experience helping with your siblings reminds me so much of myself. I love how much you love your mom. Very beautiful post, perfect for Mother's Day here in America this weekend! ;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet! Sounds like a great woman!
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful post! Your Mom seems to be an amazing woman. I'm sure she's very proud of you cause this post shows you're just as amazing as she is :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I just love this post. Some people are just born to be a mother is such a great quote! My mom is the same way. It's such a comfort for me to have her in my life. Love that picture of you two! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful tribute! Your mother must be so proud :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. just a lovely post that i can relate to a lot. <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Hate me now, thank me later" - oh, I love that! I had a similar upbringing, being the oldest and having to do chores and take care of my younger brothers...I hated it then, but now that I'm older I appreciate that it prepared me for motherhood and life as an adult. Mother's know best ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I felt a lot of responsibility too as the oldest child. So glad you have such a great mom!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful reflection. Your relationship with your mother seems really special. I hope to think I'm born a mother, too. I bet you are, as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sweet!

    "Hate me now, thank me later." How true. And it takes some strength and courage to actually do that with your kids, because I have a feeling being hated by them even for a minute really hurts.

    ReplyDelete

you can love or hate. but with respect.

© Of Ashes & Bones • Theme by Maira G.