SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWSLETTER

HERO IMAGE

HERO IMAGE

A piece of cake

I might not be the right one to give advice. Many many times, life's the one who gives me advice on it's on way. But if we talk over a coffee date in this coffee shop and share a piece of cake, I won't mind share what life has  taught me. There are a few things that I strongly believe. 

Beauty can't guarantee your happiness. I had a rough start of life as a child, no self pity here, and growing up there were things people say about me and think about me. And in some ways, there have been things that some of them still point out to me. Frequently, we judge people from their appearance and their face. When I was a kid, I heard about those people talking about how I'm the ugliest of all or how I would be stupid and would be nothing because my mom couldn't afford to raise me.

Mostly the emphasizement went to the physical appearance. When I was younger, I secretly mad with myself. 'Why I couldn't be prettier?' 'Why I couldn't be smarter?' 'Why I couldn't be thinner?' But then, there was this one point when I realize something. Beauty doesn't guarantee your happiness. I've seen those people who used to say those words to me failing their lives. Their lives not more than mine, and at some points I could see that what they pointed out to me were their anger to themselves. Cliche, but true. That day, I finally accepted what Iam. Every piece of it. The whole package. I chose to be happy.

Everyone's smart in their own way. Some people born to be an artist. Some people born to dance. Some people born to be a scientist. Some people born to be a star. And some people born, simply, to be a mother. I believe that everyone's smart in their own way. And because of that, refuse to be ordinary. Be extraordinary in what you do/love best. 

The thing is, when people degrading you or think of you less because of your face or your appearance, don't get drawn to it. Choose to be happy. Because, surprise! You are pretty enough, smart enough and good enough, and no one can take that away from you.





11 comments:

  1. This is a very nice post and very good advise!
    Nice to read how you stopped beating yourself up because of what others said to you, and are now happy with who you are.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post, Niken. I agree - there are many different kinds of "smart".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Niken. So, so true. Beauty doesn't guarantee anything, and just like everyone is smart in their own way, everyone is also beautiful in their own way. Accepting yourself for who you are and nourishing your talents will always make you a happier, healthier person.

    Great advice!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post is awesome, Niken, and so true! I think everyone is beautiful and smart in their own way. People used to make fun of me for my appearance, but those who did have not done anything with their lives after high school.

    It's best not to judge on physical appearance at all. The least attractive person on the outside can have the most beautiful heart and the most beautiful person on the outside can have the ugliest heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well said! It's so important to find your own calling and not compare yourself to other people. I love this post!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful post! And so true.
    We need to remind ourselves of that way more often.

    I love your new blog layout!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful and true and smart post! You are so wonderful, Niken!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, wise words! So very true.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you would give great advice!
    And chatting over a piece of this delicious looking
    cake would be dreamy....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post, everyone is beautiful in their own way :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post. You ARE totally pretty and awesome enough to do whatever you want. For sure!

    ReplyDelete

you can love or hate. but with respect.

© Of Ashes & Bones • Theme by Maira G.