SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWSLETTER

HERO IMAGE

HERO IMAGE

House of Mask And Puppet

It was one of the places I visited in Bali. The house has more than 1200 collection of masks and 4700 puppets not only from all over Indonesia, but also from all over the world. The complex consisted of several houses those are filled with masks and puppets. When I was there, they're building some new houses to display their collection.


Located in Ubud, this complex feels so serene and peaceful. The paddy fields surround the area and the sound of birds chirpping can be heard nearby. I love how green the place is. Beside that, I'm impressed by the mission that's held by this non-commercial museum. 



Not just displaying their collection and held performance from international artist, according to the manager/co-founder of the place they want to remind people how to live unaggresively because they feel that people nowadays are easily provocated to violent. That's why they support any activity that's related to art and culture. 

19 comments:

  1. I actually admire you for going there and finding it peaceful, those things scare the daylights out of me. I'm going to assume something random happened with a puppet as a child that traumatized me for life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a neat and interesting place!! Definitely different. I love that they promote art there...there is way too much violence and such a lack of culture in the world now.

    I love the new look of your blog too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful photos!!!
    http://www.martasfashiondiary.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That place sounds so fascinating!! It sounds like you had a nice visit there!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful post!
    http://xtheperfectmess.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! I adore masks - I even have a pinterest board dedicated to the beauty of them. I love Italian masks mainly. I spent a few years in Papua New Guinea when I was young (my dad worked for a company there) and he had a few wooden masks.

    To me, they have a story to tell. They're cultural & beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. whoa this museum exhibit is so cool!! really fascinating! the puppets are so neat!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like such a cool and wildly unique experience! I don't know of very many places like this in the US but it would definitely be a neat thing to see. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the comment! I'm following your!
    http://www.martasfashiondiary.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooo looks interesting. they;re all so colorful and have interesting details

    ReplyDelete
  11. cool banget!! hars kesini someday ^^

    Join my first giveaway and win Thboxes accessories of your choice
    http://luchluchcraft.blogspot.com/2013/01/international-giveaway-win-thboxes.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. fascinating! what you must be learning!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so glad you found my blog and commented so I could find yours. I actually lived in KL for four years--it's refreshing to see content from the se asia area again. I also love masks, and I'm sad that I didn't make it over to this place the last time I was in Bali!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks fascinating! But I have to say that puppets can also be a little creepy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So neat! I'd love to visit Bali someday.

    ReplyDelete
  16. so cool! sometimes when i hear of bali i only hear about resorts and beaches, but a place like this is essential when learning the culture of the place! i hope to visit one day!

    ReplyDelete

you can love or hate. but with respect.

© Of Ashes & Bones • Theme by Maira G.