SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWSLETTER

HERO IMAGE

HERO IMAGE

On fate or serendipity or random ways of life


"There are people and places and events that lead you to your final relationship, people and places and events you'd prefer to forget or at least gloss over. In the end, you can slap a pretty label on it - like serendipity or fate. Or you can believe that it's just a random way life unfolds."  (Emily Giffin - Love The One You're With)

I'd never read any Emily Giffin's book before. This is my first time reading one of her pieces. And even though page 10 is the furthest I reach at this point, it's caught me. Emily Giffin's writing feels so real and anyone can relate to her light-deep words. This book is about question of 'what if...?' of our past relationships. Would it be different if we did things differently? Would it be better or worse, if we took the other turn? Would we last if we didn't go? And the most important question, would we be happier if we said 'yes'? But again, that's how we'll label our relationships one day. Fate, serendipity, random ways of life. Or stupidity? Careless slip?

9 comments:

  1. Hm, this is interesting. Will put this on my to-read list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read all her books she's fab, like you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Emily Giffin but I haven't got to that one yet, will have to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am intrigued...I have heard good things about her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am intrigued...I have heard good things about her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to read this book. My decisions (mistakes or no mistakes) make me the person I am today. And I am glad of who I am :) So no regret there ;) (yet).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...I think about this all of the time. Beautiful way of writing, Niken...

    ReplyDelete

you can love or hate. but with respect.

© Of Ashes & Bones • Theme by Maira G.