SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWSLETTER

HERO IMAGE

HERO IMAGE

Long way home


When I'm in doubts, fears, angers, sadness, confusions or in combination of them all, I like to try to clear my head. One thing that I love the most to clear my head is driving for hours and hours. From the city busiest streets to the area where you can only see paddy fields and a few houses beyond your sight.

There's something about it. Passing those people in the street without a thought or assumptions. Just watching the city lives. Some roads are so bumpy that I can't even drive over 10 km/hour. Some roads are small. The others are big enough but haven't been asphalted. Some roads are even bumpier.

And sometimes, along this ride I'd stop by to catch the scenery or view that caught my attention before I drive back until I hear that voice in my heart say it's time for me to go home. Sometimes it takes a long time. And I might blow my tires once or twice. But the lesson's learned. No matter how long the road is, I always find my way home.

7 comments:

  1. It's good that you find a way to refresh your mind. To realize things or reflect while looking at a beautiful scenery is just perfect but be mindful when you are driving! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. interesting strategy! i do the same but with running.

    ReplyDelete
  3. just found your blog and couldn't agree more - nothing beats the open road.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love driving to get away from everything too. I've missed having a car here for that reason. However, my bike seems to do the trick too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely know what you mean! I do the same thing, But just walking around does the same thing for me too!
    Love the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's fun, I couldn't do the same thing as you because when I drive I can't clear my head or I risk to have an accident!! :) Everyone is different!
    I like the view with the river.

    ReplyDelete

you can love or hate. but with respect.

© Of Ashes & Bones • Theme by Maira G.