SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWSLETTER

HERO IMAGE

HERO IMAGE
Latest Stories

A guest from Germany

Hey now! Watch out cause Alex's in the house. She's one of my blog crushes. She loves cooking! I think we'll be a match roommate since i hate cooking, but I don't mind do the dishes. And we both love to travel anywhere, everywhere! This Texan frau has so many stories to tell you because she travels. A lot! She currently lives in Germany as an au pair. And she would gladly answer your questions and give you some guidance about being an au pair. I think she'll love it if you visit her in Germany too. But if that's not possible for you to do right now, you can go visit her kingdom in the blogworld.



**************************************

Hallo friends of Niken! I'm Alex and I blog over at ifs ands & Butts. I titled my blog this because my last name is Butts and with a last name like Butts, you just gotta roll with it. Anyway, I'm here to take part in Niken's ever-so-brilliant "When I Was a Kid" series. Isn't Niken the coolest guys? She seriously has the best stories. Ok, y'all are going to get to hear me ramble enough so here goes nothing:

When I was a kid...

When I was a kid... I was a huge tomboy. This sort of passed.

Exhibit A: backwards hat
Exhibit B: I was Sonic The Hedgehog for Halloween. Other costumes included the red Power Ranger, ninja, and Superman.

When I was a kid... I wanted to be a firefighter when I grew up. I went to the fire station once a week to visit the local firemen and slide down the fire pole. This dream passed.


When I was a kid... I had a slight obsession with stuffed animals. I think this is because I'm an only child so I acted like they were real. I would also try and sneak into my room and catch them alive and scheming, Toy Story style.
a Christmas Teddy

When I was a kid... I did not know where my ancestors came from, so I told everyone I was part German. Maybe this is true, but probably not. We had international day at school and I always wanted to be the kids with German heritage who got to walk with the German flag. Maybe this is also why Germany always had a special place in my heart. This did not pass. I live here now and adore it even more.


Thanks for having me, Niken.

If y'all haven't had enough of me already, come check out my little bite of Germany.

*************************************
find previous stories here.
if you'd like to participate and be featured, you can always send me your story and contact me here, or leave your email address in your comment so I can reach you.

Go over Alex's blog and I swear you'll get serious cool stories!
Alex, your exhibit A photo is my favorite. Seriously.

7 comments:

  1. You are both awesome and I love your blogs!
    And your childhood pictures are awesome, Alex! I totally was a tomboy too! And I love the fact that you love Germany so much for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was and still am a huge tomboy. I was totally into the whole backwards hat thing!

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw. Alex is so cute! And I adore the firefighter picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's so cute! Def checking her blog out! Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! I can't wait to check out her blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. alex is one of my blog crushes too haha :)

    and alex, you're totally one of the cutest little kids ive seen. you actually look norwegian in the photos w/ the blonde hair haha!!! and i am cracking up at how you used to tell people you were german b/c you didnt know your heritage. i have way too many weird stories like that from my childhood too!

    ReplyDelete

you can love or hate. but with respect.

© Of Ashes & Bones • Theme by Maira G.