SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWSLETTER

HERO IMAGE

HERO IMAGE
Latest Stories

When I was a kid....Little did I know that my life would be so much more : Val from The Daily Distraction

When I read Val's story for the first time about her childhood and what she learned from it, my heart pounded. I became more aware of human's tendency for insecurity. Often we do not realize that what we can be is actually so much more than we could ever think of. Val's childhood perspective is an eye-opening.  And here she is telling her story for us today. 

******************

Hi Guys!
My name is Valerie and I blog over at The Daily Distraction.
When Niken asked me to a guest post on "when I was a little kid" I was really excited and a little nervous.


I was a really shy little kid and rather than making future plans, I was more focused on putting myself down and focusing on things I didn't like about myself.
What I wanted more than anything in the future was to be pretty and skinny and have someone love me.
Seems so shallow and sad now, but I was so self-conscious that's all I really wanted!


It's hard to remember what I wanted to be when I grew up, but I know that I loved to sing (alone, not in front of people!) and loved to go see musicals and knew every word to the big ones like Les Miserables and The Phantom of the Opera. 
As shy as I was, I secretly liked being the center of attention, getting praise for anything, and especially making people laugh.


So I guess deep down, I really wanted to be on the stage and singing in front of people.
Life definitely didn't take me that way, but thankfully I have gotten over caring so much what other people think.
Obviously based on some of the pictures I post on my blog, I am not super concerned about appearances!
I also started taking care of myself and being a positive person which helped me to find someone to love me.
Having a boyfriend/husband/whatever was something I wanted so bad when I was young and now that I have it, I definitely cherish it and count myself so lucky.


I wish I had been a more positive and more confident little kid, but at least I can look at the things I have now and even when I wish they were better, I can remember how much I wanted even a little of this and be thankful for it.

Val

**************************

Find previous "When I was a kid..." stories here.
If you'd like to participate and be featured you can send your story and contact me here
p.s : isn't her picture as a baby precious??? it cracks me up everytime I look at it. Too adorable.

15 comments:

  1. I can totally relate. I never was able to see how much I could do and how "perfect" I was. Took me years to figure that out and I'm still in the process, I have to admit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we all do. It took me years too to wave a white flag with myself. haha

      Delete
  2. Thank you for stopping by my blog! Love this story! I would love if you continued to stop by my little blog!
    Loves,
    Kallee
    becausekalleeisblonde.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing this story! The pictures are so fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. You should share your story too ;)

      Delete
  4. wow. kindred spirit right there.
    Love her already.
    xox Whitney
    themiddleofthestreet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is so honest! I felt the same...I wanted to be the Disney princess...rescued by a handsome and endlessly loyal prince and admired by all!! Also...you had AMAZING hair as a baby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that what makes us a kid. we had our fairytales.

      Delete
  6. This is a very touching post. I can also relate...I have always craved love and been insecure from a very young age. I am at my happiest point in life right now, but there were some very dark times in my past. Thanks for such an honest post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i think everyone can feel related because on one point or another everyone has their own insecurity. i had that dark days too but we end up a happy person. that's what important i think

      Delete

you can love or hate. but with respect.

© Of Ashes & Bones • Theme by Maira G.