SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWSLETTER

HERO IMAGE

HERO IMAGE
Latest Stories

When I was a kid..... I fell in love with horses : Beate from Wish It. Dream It. Do It.

Hai everyone!
Today I'd like to introduce you to Beate of Wish it. Dream It. Do It. And she'll take us down the lane of her childhood memories. Beate is a native German, lives in Germany and she is so kind. Through her blog you'll enjoy the view of her city in south Germany, as well as her little things in life. This girl is tough i tell you. She's working full time as a Sales Assistant while doing her study to get her Bachelor's degree in engineering! That's a completely full plate life.

**********************************

Dear lovely readers of Read My Mind,
my name is Beate and I blog over at Wish it. Dream it. Do it.
I was so thrilled and excited when Niken asked me to do a guest post on her „When I was a kid….“-series, because I just love her fabulous blog and because it’s my first guest post ever (thank you so much Niken!).

So now I’m sitting here with a huge bowl of chocolate ice-cream right next to me, wondering what I could write about.
I think I'm going to tell you some random things about me, things that stayed vividly in my memory and it always makes me smile thinking about them. So without further ado:

When I was a kid…

….I was obsessed with the TV series Knight Rider. Seeing one of those episodes today, I don’t really get what fascinated me so much back then. I think I just loved the car, I wanted to have a Trans M too (unfortunately there weren't any in Germany at the time), one that could drive by itself and talk of course...and I think David Hasselhoff was my first crush ever (oh my gosh, how embarrassing ;)

via
…I was a bookworm…I was reading every day, I loved books (still do - but I'm not reading much besides textbooks at the moment). And it didn’t really matter what kind of books. There was a time it was all about horse stories, but I also read fantasy novels and adventures, or anything else I could find. I loved the series "Anne of Green Gables", especially because it’s a book my mom already read when she was a kid, just like “A little Princess”…we both loved re-reading them again and again.

These are the original books I read back then. I still hold them dear.

…I would play outside, every day, no matter what the weather was like: sun, rain, snow, cold, warm – we were a bunch of kids on our block and would play so many different games together outside on a daily basis. I’m actually a little sad to see that it’s nothing like that anymore, at least not in Germany. Are all of those kids nowadays bound to their technical devices, playing silly computer games all by themselves? Or are they just not going outside? I don’t know – but I loved it back then and I’m so glad I got to do it! I wouldn’t change a thing about it. Playing in the mud was the best ;) …well, sometimes it was ;D
 
…I fell in love with horses. I started riding when I was about 7 years old and ever since horses have made me happy as soon as I was with them. There were times on and off when I had no chance to ride, but I’m soooo happy I get to do it again now. Those memories from the stable are some of the best ones I have of my childhood – like sleep overs in the hay – fabulous! With all the horses underneath us in their stalls…oh how I loved it back then.
     

I think this was my first time on a horse ever. I'm sure I fell in love with them right there and then ;)

...I had one stuffed animal that would accompany me for most of my childhood, no matter where I went...visiting friends, on vacation, to the doctor's, even to school. Oh how I loved my giant, rose colored worm...so much it almost fell apart after 10 years of squeezing and holding it. Yeah, you read that right - my favorite stuffed animal was a worm. I saved the money for months to be able to buy it. Its name was "Würmchen" in German - something like little worm in English. I don't have him anymore and I miss him dearly. I'm glad I have this picture at least.

The smaller ones were the babies ;), I even made the right one myself. Boy was I proud of it. I crocheted it all by myself.

...I always wanted to be a doctor - or at least do something that involved medicine. It didn't change like it usually does when you're a kid...wanting to be something different every other year or so, I think I wanted to study medicine ever since I was in school. But - I never did. I did work in the medicinal research though for a few years, which was very interesting and medicine will always be one of my passions. Just not as a profession I guess. Life has taken some funny turns for me here...now I'm studying economic engineering - yeah, that has nothing do to with medicine at all. Oh the weird paths life takes you sometimes ;)

I hope you all enjoyed this short trip to my childhood. I certainly did, it was so much fun to remember these things. Thank you, Niken, for asking me to guest post on your blog, I genuinely enjoyed it :)

Have a wonderful weekend everybody!

*************************

I keep smiling while reading her childhood stories because I can relate in almost every point she made (except for being a doctor). I was addicted to McGyver show and I have a doll that I stayed with me until it gone when I was drawn in a flood (that's another story). 

Thank you so much Beate! don't forget to visit her blog!!! because you'll love it there. I do.

Find previous When I was a kid....stories here.
If you'd like to participate and be featured in this series, you can send your story and contact me here.
I'd love to have you here.

17 comments:

  1. Anne of Green Gables was my favorite book series too! I think I read all of them at least twice. Great post :)
    --Becky
    preppypremed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Niken and Beate, you are both so awesome!
    I loved to read about your childhood, Beate. Mine was pretty similar!
    I love your stuffed animal! I am so sorry that you don't have him anymore. My stuffed animal is called "Esel" and I took him everywhere, even to hospital. And I still have my Mom's first stuffed animal!
    I always played outside too! But when I didn't then I read books! Or watched Knight Rider! Oh, I was so obsessed with that show! I even had a T-Shirt and the KR fan book. And a battery-driven little car. :)
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you for your sweet compliment, dear Katrin :)
      And I'm amazed once again that even our childhoods were similar! My Würmchen had to come to the hospital with me, too. I'm actually a little jealous you had the shirt and the KR fan book...I only had some audio tapes ;)
      Have a fabulous weekend!

      Delete
  3. Niken, thank you so much for having me. And for the wonderful introduction you wrote. I'm actually a little speechless here, you're just so sweet!
    I hope you are having a wonderful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the worm! so cute. This was an awesome idea and fun to read. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah.would you like to participate?

      Delete
    2. I'm glad you liked it, Sarah! Thank you so much for your sweet comment :)

      Delete
  5. The pictures are adorable! Great addition to this post. Thanks for sharing! :)

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your sweet words! So glad you liked it :)

      Delete
  6. I loved Knight Rider and those books too! I bet growing up in Germany was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely fun growing up here - but I'm sure growing up in Florida was fun, too! Would be nice to compare what our childhoods were like back then...probably not so different in the end I'd guess ;) I'm amazed so many actually did like the series and the books - that's great!
      Have a wonderful week!

      Delete
  7. Reminds me so much of my childhood. Except for the horse part. And I miss the kids outside as well. It's so quiet sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Yeah it really is quiet sometimes. I'm so glad we had no computers when we were little.
      Have a wonderful week, sweet Anne.

      Delete
  8. I love this series! It's great to find new blogs and cool people :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Celeste!
      You are more than welcomed to participate

      Delete

you can love or hate. but with respect.

© Of Ashes & Bones • Theme by Maira G.