SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWSLETTER

HERO IMAGE

HERO IMAGE

Because we're making time

make time for coffee


I hear myself say " I don't have time to do that," pretty often. Especially when I'm in the midst of work craziness. I need to clean my room, but I'm too tired after work, I don't have time. My friends ask me to barbecue on the weekend, I need to catch up on sleeping, I don't have time to do that. See a firework tonight? I want to do my script breakdown this afternoon, no thank you. Let's see a music concert this evening? I have to be in other places just 2 and half hour after the concert, next time?. Let's go out for dinner? I'm tired, I'd stay home. Because of this, I missed lots of moment with friends. This happens with my writings too. I don't make enough time to write and sometimes it  hurts.

Life is always happening, so we're always gonna be busy and we'll keep saying I don't have time. But we can do things because we're making time. That's what I learn from someone I know. He's the one who always pushing me to go out when I say I don't want to go. He believes that we should make the time for ourselves, and if we arrange every second, we can always make time for everything. We are young, we're designed to be spontaneous and make the best of time.

When I refuse to go to a music concert at 5 pm because I have a meeting at 7 pm, he's gonna say," You still can be on time to your meeting. We'll leave the concert at 6. C'mon, we can do it!". Off we went to the concert and I didn't get  late to the meeting. The thing is, I get both, the memories of little moment and still get to do my job. And he's the one who always encourages me to go beyond my comfort zone sometimes.

So now, when I can hear myself think " I can't do that, I don't have time", I'll think over again and see if I can make time. Because you know, sometimes I exaggerate things. I think I'm so busy but when I look at it again and manage the time, I'll find myself see that it all can be arranged. Life is this, and there's just too much to be missed. Let's make time.

26 comments:

  1. So true and I am always doing this. Saying I don't have time for certain things, playing a certain game with my kids, cooking instead of going to a drive thru, Cleaning the house, etc. And I always regret it later especially when it's something my kids wanted.
    Making time will always be a challenge but should be done more! Thanks for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i used to regret it too after i refuse to do something with that 'time' excuse

      Delete
  2. Sometimes we need a whole lot of nothingness to want everything for ourselves. I know how this feeling is. I'm hoping to make that change for myself. Productivity is a hard habit to balance. We can do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Productivity is a hard habit to balance"- you put it in the right words! Yes, we can do it!

      Delete
  3. This is definitely true in my life as well! I use the time excuse for basically everything...and I am sick of it. Let's live! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You go Jessica!
      yes! let's live!!!

      Delete
  4. great suggestion. I need to remember this... I say it all the time too! (and iItotally agree with the picture, coffee should be a priority!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree with you! coffee is a priority

      Delete
  5. I'm very glad to read this post. I am always the one reminding others to make time. Once you get into the habit, it's so natural.

    Great post!
    Cerena @ www.secretlifeofamedstudent.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still learning at it. Hopefully I'll get it into my habit

      Delete
  6. Great post, Niken. And so true. Life is so short and we really need to find the time to do the things we love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katrin.
      Oh you're so right. We have to do the things we love

      Delete
  7. That coffee was amazing. And thanks for this post--it reminded me that I do have time for everything :) I just have to make time for it!

    --Becky
    preppypremed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep reminding myself about it too.
      Thank you Becky

      Delete
  8. This is so true! We need to quit coming up with excuses and try to find the time to do the things that we really love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. i need to cut out the excuses I made

      Delete
  9. i do the exact same thing. i need to be better at making more time for things, because most of the time we really can ;)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find myself find the time too at the end. i just made excuses for myself

      Delete
  10. Great post! I heart your blog :) Thought you would be interested in 2 giveaways I'm hosting @ www.domesticsweetheart.com =)

    P.S. I'm a new GFC follower!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhh same here! Not only do I not have time for friends but then I also don't meet new people :(

    I am still working on my balance, you are lucky you have someone there to give you some more motivation to go out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still working on my balance too.
      Yes, it's nice to have someone who knows how to pull us out from our comfort zone and wander and experience new things.

      Thank you Celeste

      Delete
  12. This is great! Thank you for the reminder that we need to make time for ourselves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jen,
      It's a reminder for myself too

      Delete
  13. You're so right! And it's cool to have someone who complements you so well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Miki.
      I'm still learning to do it though. Sometimes it's hard because I'm exhausted and I just wanna go to sleep. But then I remember that there are things that I will miss if i didn't make time. So it's a tough battle of my own self. haha

      Delete

you can love or hate. but with respect.

© Of Ashes & Bones • Theme by Maira G.